Thursday, July 21, 2016

Study Room

Today we started off with a lesson on the types of relationships that children could experience with their parents. This started with authoritative parents to permissive parents. I would place my parents on more of the authoritative side. This means that a parent usually makes reasonable demands, set limits, still expresses affection, listen to child’s views, and child participates in decisions. For the most part this is what my home like is like but they are a little stricter in the decision making. Maybe because I'm a teenager, but I feel like I'm not included much in the process of decision making.

Shravan and I (Don't Remember When Taken)
There was also a lesson on morality of children. These studies were on how children identified good versus bad or bad guy versus. I believe these studies are really invalid. It's just really hard for me to believe that children would be able to have a sense of morals. In the videos of the studies they had puppets act out scenes where there was a bad guy and a helpful guy. The puppet that was the bad and good guy changed for everyone so that there isn't a preference of the toy but to actually test if they had a sense of good versus bad. According to those studies they would prefer the good guy, but it seemed the experimenters moved the toys closer to the baby more than the other. It just looked sketchy.

Today was the Jazzin' at the Shedd which I did not go to. It probably would have been fun but I don't regret not going. It seemed to have been a long walk and I really didn't have the energy to go out. Instead I did homework early and rested for the rest. I needed to write a response for the trip and study at the park which I think I did pretty good on because I wrote about it on my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment