Sunday, July 17, 2016

(R)- Is Tomorrow Really Monday?

The weekend has come and gone, but it was fun and exciting, so that makes me feel better.  I have to wake up early again tomorrow and go to class, somewhat sadly.  The only thing that makes me feel better is that we are moving onto equal protection cases which will entice interesting discussions.  
Mauricio and I having some fun at
the train part of the Museum.
I woke up at 12 PM today after yesterday's crazy excursion. (My watch had me at 50,000 steps yesterday. Whoa.)  I saw a text from Mauricio asking if I had done anything yet and I responded that I just woke up.  We met in the dining hall for lunch, both arriving with a grogginess that reflected our sleep cycles that are starting to flip.  I will go to bed at a respectable time tonight and get back on track. No worries for me. I almost fell asleep for a nap at 6 PM, so I think I can get back on a regular schedule.  

At the table, as I ate my bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch followed by Cesar salad and turkey, we made an off-the-cuff plan to go to the Museum of Science and Industry.  It is a mile away from campus and free for UChicago students, so we thought, "Why not?"  

The cutest little birds I have ever seen
Boy, oh boy was it fun.  The line for tickets was a twenty-minute wait, so we got inside the museum at around 1:45.  Immediately, I was reminded of the Exploratorium in San Francisco.  They have a lot of interactive exhibits that teach about things ranging from tornadoes to genetics.  They had a scale model of downtown Chicago that focused on railways.  Chicago has a quite complex system of railroads that branch out into every region of the US.  We then looked at a tsunami simulation machine, played around with light, and walked through a mirror maze that almost broke my nose twice.  The coolest part was the chick incubator.  The baby chickens were so cute and fluffy I wished I could take one.  We were thirsty, hungry, and tired after enough time so we decided to leave. Of course, before we could do that, we saw the gift store and became distracted by all the cool gadgets and toys.  

Finally back at the dorms, I washed some clothes and ate dinner.  My class partner, Emily, and I started working on our closing statement for class tomorrow, and now I type this blog listening to the rain on the windows and seeing lightning illuminate the clouds as bright as day.  Tomorrow should be sunny, so I hope for that.
Mauricio would make a great astronaut
The epitome of human technology. Projecting
a human face onto a mannequin.  Mauricio
looks spot on, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment