Friday, July 15, 2016

Gotta Catch Em' All

As you start walking around campus you start to notice something particular going on. You suddenly see people stop at random locations, see them congregate in one location, or see them comparing things on their phones. That could only mean one thing. This means that it has reached and infected  Chicago. Pokemon Go will take over the world. It is cool to see the communities revolving around this game and how it can bring people together.

Shravan and I walking to Dorms
Aside from my Pokemon Go rant, I had a nice day in class. Our professor brought up something I thought was really interesting and wanted to talk about here. That would be isolation of prisoners and should It be banned because it can be seen as a type of torture. Now the problem here is that prisoners can be very privileged. Some have better benefits than a lot of students in public schools. Now this isn't much of a punishment to a person who just committed a felony. Isolation is bad because as humans we are very social and most will go crazy without it. 

After class ended I headed over to the Law Building with new knowledge. That being that multiple libraries exist on this campus. This being said I now know why I couldn't find the book I was looking for. Good news is that the book is now secured in my room and I hope to tell you all about it once I begin the read. Till' next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment