Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Breaking the Ice: The Chicago Meet and Greet Dinner

Hello all, and thanks for stopping by to check out my first ever attempt at blogging! I can't wait to share my experiences with you as I make my way through my upcoming Ivy League Connection (ILC) trip. Expect a lot of enthusiasm and liberal use of parenthesis. Recently it has been a whirlwind for ILC, and since I was a little bit late on the blogging initiation process I have plenty to catch you up on! 

Meet the 2016 Chicago Cohort!
Ryan, Mauricio, Alice (me), Ernestina, and Ms.Scott
For example, last Wednesday was my first major ILC event after acceptance because the Chicago cohort had its first meet and greet dinner! It was so exciting to see everyone again after the interviews, and to talk about all our worries, hopes, and expectations for the summer ahead. We all bonded over classes, musical instruments, and the surprisingly decadent fried bananas in ice cream we got for dessert (if you ever find yourself at Hornbill Burmese Cuisine, I highly recommend you try some!) This is an all new group of people for me, since there is no one else from my high school in the Chicago cohort, so it was great to have some time to get to know them in preparation for our trip!

It was also lovely meeting our chaperone Ms. Scott, a French teacher who has been on the Chicago  trip before and was able to answer many of our questions and concerns. She was so much fun, and I can't wait to travel with her. All in all, a fantastic evening and a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment